When you are focusing on digital marketing, there are a variety of tips and tricks. So, the evolution of the digital marketing world brings many buzzwords, many of which are still relatively new. We’ve listed some of the key marketing buzzwords you need to know in 2022.
5 Marketing Buzz Words Everyone Needs to Know
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Though you are sure to have heard of artificial intelligence (AI) before, you might not have heard of it in relation to marketing. AI is hugely beneficial and relevant to a business, and it’s quickly solidified itself as a key marketing technique for many industries. It helps brands handle day-to-day operations, boost marketing efforts and make decisions. AI is there to help a business be more efficient and effective online, especially when it comes to connecting with customers. Many businesses are already using AI to write blogs, post content, answer customer queries and boost brand awareness.
- Cross-Posting – There is no denying the importance of staying relevant as a business online, but this can be a time-consuming task. To save time, businesses are utilising cross-posting tools that allow them to post on multiple social media platforms at once. Instead of taking the time to write a unique post for each channel and posting them individually, cross-posting is the process of doing everything at the same time. For example, you can write a post for Facebook and simultaneously post it on all of your other social media pages. Cross-posting saves time and money and helps content reach a wider audience.
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) – Regardless of a business’s industry, retaining customers is a vital part of growing a business. From a digital marketing perspective, this is made much easier if you understand how to track customer lifetime value (CLV), which calculates how much an individual customer has contributed to the business’ overall revenue. It’s often a lot easier and cheaper to sell a product or service to an existing customer, which is why CLV is a hot topic at the moment.
- Social Proof – There are a lot of products and services out there, and most customers are more likely to buy those with positive reviews online. It’s about following the crowd and choosing what is popular, recommended and favoured by others. People look for social proof to seek the best service or product. Social proof comes from written reviews, video reviews, shoutouts on social media and endorsements from influencers. When there is a lot of social proof of how good a product or service is, costumes are much more likely to convert from a lead into a sale.
- Newsjacking – There is no shortage of news stories and events happening daily; many of these can be used to market a business. Newsjacking refers to creating content – such as blogs, social media posts and videos – centred around popular news stories, knowing that people are interested in them. Not only does this show that your business is aware of what is happening in other industries, but it engages customers by providing information about a topic in which they are likely to be interested.
As you can see, there are a lot of marketing buzzwords to familiarise yourself with in 2022, and there are sure to be more cropping up in years to come. Keeping on top of buzzwords and trends is key to giving yourself the best chance of success online.